Rules for selection/admission to MBA Integrated
1. Candidates shall be allowed to appear in the Selection/Admission process i.e. Entrance examination, Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI), subject to the Rules and regulations of the Kumaun University.
2. The provisional permission granted to appear in the selection/admission process may be withdrawn if a candidate is found indulging in any disorderly or objectionable conduct.
3. Candidates who fail to observe these rules will be disqualified and debarred from appearing in the selection/admission process.
4. The eligibility of the candidate shall be ascertained at the time of admission. A candidate whose result of the qualifying examination has not been declared may also apply mentioning “Result awaited”. However he is required to submit/produce the proof of his having passed the qualifying examination with required percentage of marks at the time of admission to the programme, failing which his candidature/selection will be cancelled.
5. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC are required to submit a certificate by a competent authority in the prescribed format for claiming the reservation. The category once claimed while submitting the application form shall be the only basis for selection/admission. No subsequent change of category will be allowed.
6. Entrance Examination :
- 6.1 The admission of a candidate to the Entrance examination will be strictly provisional subject to his fulfilling eligibility conditions as prescribed under the ordinances of the programme and verification of all the relevant original documents. The candidates provisionally allowed to appear in the Entrance Examination cannot claim selection/admission if found ineligible on verification of documents/certificates.
- 6.2 If a candidate is found using unfair means during or after the Entrance Examination, his result will be cancelled and he will not be allowed to seek admission in the department in future.
- 6.3 Read all test directions carefully. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ascertain that he understands and follows the directions for answering. Read each question carefully and thoroughly before answering it.
Note : Test will be based on objective type multiple choice questions only. Duration of the examination shall be 2 hours. All questions are compulsory. The standard of test shall be of 10+2 level. All questions carry equal marks. There will be no negative marking.
6.5 Re-evaluation or rechecking of Answer -sheets of Entrance Examination is not permitted.
6.6 The candidates shall adhere to the following instructions related to Entrance
Examination at the examination centre.
(a) The candidates should report at the allotted test centre at least 45 minutes before the scheduled commencement of the test.
(b) The doors of the Examination Hall will be opened 30 minutes before the time fixed for commencement of the examination.
(c) Candidate will neither be admitted to the Examination Hall fifteen minutes after the commencement of the Examination nor any extra time granted for completing the test.
(d) The candidates are directed to be seated in Examination Hall as per seating plan.
(e) The candidates are required to bring Admit Card at the time of Entrance Examination, failing which they will not be permitted to appear in the Entrance Examination. It must be produced when demanded by the Invigilator or any other official of the University.
(f) Candidates should bring their own pen or ball point pen for examination. They should use only ball-point pen otherwise the paper will be treated as cancelled.
(g) No candidate shall bring into the examination hall any articles (such as mobile, electronic device of any kind, drawing instruments or any other paper) other than those specified. Candidate found violating this rule shall be expelled from the Examination Hall and his/her answer sheet shall be cancelled.
(h) Each candidate must write his own Roll No. on answer sheet provided and must not write his name , otherwise he will be disqualified.
(i) Candidates are to sign the attendance sheet when directed to do so by the invigilator.
(j) No Candidate will be allowed to leave the Examination Hall before the expiry of the prescribed time.
(k) Candidates should not leave the Examination Hall without handing over their answer sheets to their Invigilator. No Question booklet/answer sheet shall be taken out of the Examination Hall. Appropriate civil/criminal proceedings may be initiated against the candidate found taking or attempting to take the full or part of the Booklet outside.
(l) Silence must be observed in the Examination Hall.
(m) Candidates are advised not to scribble or otherwise spoil the furniture.
(n) The candidates are not allowed to smoke in the Examination Hall.
(o) The relatives of the candidates are strictly prohibited from the entering the examination hall to help candidates to find their seats. The staff on duty is ready to help them.
6.6 Candidate shall have no right to claim admission to the programme merely by appearing in the Entrance test. He will have to successfully clear all the stages i.e. Entrance test, Group discussion and Personal Interview of the selection process to be eligible to be considered for admission.
7. The admission to the programme shall be strictly on the basis of merit obtained by combining the scores/marks of the following
(a)entrance examination 60% 240
(b) group discussion 20% 80
(c) personal interview 15% 60
(d) performance of qualifying exam 5% 20
7.1. A weightage of 5% is assigned to marks obtained at the qualifying examination subject to a maximum of twenty (20) marks. It will be worked out as follows.
% of qualifying examination (10+2)
Upto 59.99% Nil
60 to 69.99% 05
70 to 79.99% 10
80 to 89.99% 15
90 and above % 20
8. Group Discussion (GD) & Personal Interview (PI):
8.0 The candidates are required to bring a set of attested photocopies of all the documents/testimonials alongwith originals documents for verification.
8.1 Only those candidates shall be allowed to appear in the GD and PI, who have successfully cleared the Entrance Test. Normally the no. of candidates declared successful shall be two to three times the no. of seats in the programme.
8.2 The language of communication for GD and PI shall be English only.
83. All the candidates appearing for GD and PI will have to deposit two demand
draft of Rs. 1,000 and Rs. 4,000 each drawn in favour of Finance Officer,, Kumaun University and payable at Nainital. Rs. 1000 shall be charged towards GD/PI fees for all the candidates.
This deposit of Rs. 4,000shall be refunded to all the non-selected candidates.
8.4 For the selected candidates, the deposit of Rs. 4,000 shall be considered as a partial payment towards fee of the MBA (Integrated) programme.
8.5 Selected candidates will have to take admission by completing all the formalities within the stipulated time or before the last date notified by the Head of the Department for this purpose. Otherwise it will be presumed that the candidate is not interested in taking admission to the programme for any reason whatsoever and his claim to the seat shall be forfeited. No communication shall be entertained in such cases. Such vacant seat shall be offered to the next candidate in merit.
8.6 The deposit of Rs. 4,000 shall not be refunded to all those selected candidates who fail to report by the notified date or become ineligible otherwise. In all such cases their selections automatically stand cancelled
However, the deposit shall be refunded to all those selected candidates who decide to withdraw before the notified reporting date.
8.7 The candidates seeking admission to state seats are required to submit a certificate of bonafide residents of Uttarakhand. However, a candidate who has passed his qualifying examination from a college situated within the state will be deemed to be a resident of the state.
9. All the selected candidates shall have to submit on affidavit related to anti-ragging in the prescribed format at the time of admission.
10. All the selected candidates shall have to submit a medical certificate from a medical officer in a prescribed format at the time of admission.
11. All the other matters shall be dealt with according to the ordinances of the MBA (Integrated) Programme of Department of Management Studies and regulation/ statutes of the Kumaun University.